You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, June 25, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
1. [10 a.m.] The 40th annual Riviera Village Summer Festival returns to Redondo Beach on June 24-25 with an international food court, carnival rides, over 300 vendor booths, beer and wine gardens and plenty of live music. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Smorgasburg LA is a weekly open-air market featuring dozens of local food vendors serving a wide range of cuisines. Runs 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. every Sunday. Get free two-hour parking at the ROW DTLA structure.
3. [11 a.m.] The 17th annual Summer Soulstice celebration returns to Santa Monica with their annual free party featuring live music, local vendors and various attractions like a “Rock Star Pet Parade,” a wine garden, a Beauty & Wellness Expo, a Beach House Tech Expo and more.
4. [noon] The first ever Arroyo Seco Weekend (June 24-25) is a two-day food and music festival taking place at Brookside Park in Pasadena. Headliners include Mumford & Sons, The Shins, Fitz + the Tantrums, Alabama Shake and Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.
5. [noon] The 31st Annual Long Beach Bayou Festival returns on June 24-25 for another year of crawfish eating, zydeco bands and everything else that makes the bayou “home.” Discount tickets also available while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [3 p.m.] Art Beyond the Glass returns for its sixth year of bartenders showcasing their cocktail artistry in a multi-sensory experience and art beyond the bar like painting, photography, live music and more. Hosted by whisky legend Martin Daraz, the proceeds from the event will support storytelling nonprofit The Moth and will take place at Los Globos in Silver Lake. Tickets cost $60 per person.
7. [7 p.m.] Enjoy some free Shakespeare this summer when the Independent Shakespeare Co. returns for the 8th year in a row with free / donation-based performances at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park. They will kick off their season with a performance of Measure for Measure on June 24-25.
8. [7 p.m.] Seu Jorge – The Life Aquatic: A Tribute to David Bowie comes to the Hollywood Bowl as Brazilian troubadour Seu Jorge celebrates David Bowie’s music with a live orchestra for the first time.
9. [9 p.m.] UCB Sunset presents Science Time with Alex Berg a talk show about science with actual experts and live music. Special guest Moogega Cooper from JPL will try to explain gravitational waves as host Alex Berg shows the audience how cool physics, biology, and cognitive science can be!
10. [9:30 p.m] Future hosts the Official BET Awards Afterparty at Lure. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix for Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets with Live Symphony at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.